And still I wanna put this out
You say you’ve got the most respect for me
But sometimes I feel you’re not deserving of me
And still, you’re in my heart
‘Cause I’ve been afraid that you would walk away”
- Your partner shouldn’t be blowing you off on a regular basis. If someone really sees you as a priority they will put in the effort to make the time for you. Not because they have to but because they genuinely want to.
- However, it’s important to know whether your partner is treating you like an option– you shouldn’t waste your time prioritizing somebody who doesn’t do the same for you.
- Do they make an effort to spend time with you or talk to you, even when it might not be convenient for them?
- There is nothing worse than feeling unappreciated by someone you deeply care for. You shouldn’t have to beg to be cherished, or prove that you’re worthy, or special, or anything. You should always be able to be yourself and feel wanted and appreciated. As Mindy Kaling once said, “in my mind, the sexiest thing in the world is the feeling that you’re wanted.” If you aren’t feeling wanted by your own partner, it’s time to say goodbye because that shit ain’t worth it, honey.
- If you are feeling empty, confused and often times very alone in your relationship, it’s time to take a deeper look at what you want your relationship to look like. He or she is taking up emotional real estate when someone else could be a better fit. What if you miss out on another wonderful relationship because you’re stuck fighting for someone who doesn’t want to fight for you?